lundi 19 avril 2010

Aline asked me to publish this...Enjoy!

Hi everyone :)


How are you ?

I’m really exhausted, completely dead… So much work and no real rest…



Two weeks ago, Shirley and me attended a “cultural week” with the other students from the Ehsal. We visited Gand, Anvers and had some debates and discussions about the different religions and cultures in Belgium.



I haven't much to say about the culture of the area I'm staying in, because it's Brussels 
So, no real differences with the place where I live (except that where I live it’s more country !).

BUT, I've things to tell about the Dutch students I'm working with at the Ehsal.
Unfortunately, it's not really positive...

Except two or three girls, nobody speaks to us (to Shirley and me). They all look at us as if we were nasty and stupid Martians :/
I know I’m called Alien, but… hey… it’s a joke :D

They often tell jokes about French speakers, but we can feel these jokes are mean. They consider us (the French speakers) as lazy and quite stupid people. I don't understand their way of thinking because French speakers are funny and don't have anything against Dutch speakers...

I'd never thought it would be like that. The majority of Dutch speaker students don't like the French speakers.

I find it's a real pity. We all live in the same country, that's the most important.



This week, I haven't been to the Ehsal, because I had to go and help at Mater Dei (the school where I did my teaching practise a few weeks ago).

In fact, during the week just before Easter, there are courses with some pupils in difficulties and I had to help them in Dutch.

I had a group of 8 pupils, 3 girls and 5 boys, all in the first year.

I did a bit of grammar, a lot of vocabulary in crosswords, in riddles... and... a lot of games I took back from the festival of languages :)
Fortunately for the pupils, I was more dynamic than before :p

Everything was fine, except that I had some problems with a boy who suffered from behavioural problems (he suddenly began to shout or to grumble etc.) I felt really sorry for him, I didn't understand why this child was in this school. Teachers like us aren't prepared and formed to such situation. And he often came to me, looked at me and said "Je suis malheureux." What could I say ??? What could I do ??? I tried to integrate him with the group as much as possible, but it wasn't always easy...



I hope everything is okay for you all.
Even if you love the place you’re staying in, don’t forget to come back !!!


Kisses to all of you (and big kisses to Shirley, Mariam and Louise ;)


Aline D.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire